Something about wearing all white makes a woman pop out, especially in her colorful surroundings. I know all white can be a scary thing, but don’t be afraid to try it! When experimenting with an all white look, always keep it simple. That way, it always stays clean and sharp. It definitely makes a high impact!
If I could dress causally fancy everyday, this is exactly how I would do it! To dress it up, simply accessories your jewelry for more formal occasions. To wear it more casually, dress it down by throwing over a denim or leather jacket. Since it’s still a little chilly out, I wore my Dolce Vita nude booties. However, when the weather warms up I can’t wait to pair this dress with some gladiator sandals or some strappy wedges.
Want to know every trendy girls secret spot? It’ll come to no surprise, but I will tell you! As of late, Nordstrom’s Savvydepartment has been my GO TO spot for the latest trends. If you haven’t jumped on this yet, you must!
Why shop at Savvy?
1. Relevant trends Nordstrom Savvy has become a fast breeding ground for relevant trends for that modern woman. I’M OBSESSED WITH EVERYTHING!!!
3. FAST and NOW The merchandise is fresh from the runway with fast moving inventory.
2. Accessible Prices
You won’t leave Nordstrom’s with a empty wallet or leaving depressed that you could not afford that new Alexander Wang shirt! Stop by Savvy and you’ll walk away with head turning pieces for less than $100!
4. That legendary customer service Ya’ll know about that hassle free return policy. But also, shop with the friendliest and most fashionable people in town! They really do go above and beyonndddd to ensure that you get your best shopping experience and always walk away feeling amazingggg.
Today, I am highlighting these new pieces from Nordstrom’s Savvy department as I blow bubbles around the city. It’s an adorable, but super sleek outfit for my downtown adventures. The baby blue skirt has been one of my favorite purchases. Made from a luxurious faux leather material, it creates a perfect balance of movement and structure. For the top, I kept things simple with a textured white cropped tee.
Go on, don’t be shy. I know you’ll be obsessed with Savvy as well. Visit your local Nordstrom to see all the latest trends in person or browse through the website though the links below!
What do I do on a typical blog shoot day? Take a behind the scenes look in the vlog below! Follow me and my photographer (www.davidwai.com) as we run around Columbus scouring for props, eating at Columbus’ famous North Market, experimenting with helium tanks and more!
On my way to lunch! This is what I wore on my walk to Cafe Illyria on 214 E State St, Columbus, OH 43215. If you’ve never been, it’s a quiet little cafe in downtown Columbus that serves a BOMB chicken panini.
Life is a chaotic little thing. While juggling through one’s own happiness, there is a daily mental exhaustion of thoughts spiraling through the mind. There are obligations to fulfill, people to please, money to make! When I get a chance, I like to simplify my mornings by slowing down. Occasionally, taking the time for yourself to unwind before the start of your day creates room to breathe. Start off with your best, and move forward with that mindset! If you could devote your mornings to simply savoring your favorite senses, fully present and aware, how would you spend it?
Here’s what my simple perfect mornings would look like:
1. indulging in makeup
2. picking out accessories
3. pampering my toe nails (most days they’re gross)
4. finishing up a book and skimming through magazines
5. drinking fancy tea (my favorite? Green tea, cinnamon bark, cardamom, and saffron leaves)
HOW EXCITING! Filmed my VERY FIRSTYouTube video this week, and I must say, it’s harder than it looks! Because I am LOVING my everyday face routine, I just wanted to share with you all on what I’ve been using to achieve this look! It’s a very natural look with skin that is luminously healthy. Hope you enjoy! <3
Midi skirts will continue to be the obsession of every woman, going into spring 2014. Since their arrival, I have been OBSESSED with these elegantly length skirts. Why am I fan? Here are a few reasons why.
“when women gave up their long skirts, they made a grave error…”
When women hiked up their skirts, and tightened them to their skin, it symbolized an era where women were expressing their freedom, accepting their independence and celebrating their youth and sexuality. Though I still love my mini skirts, a woman in a longer midi skirt is still sexy, and not in a old fashioned kind of way. Something about it makes a woman exude power and respect through femininity. For example, isn’t Jessica Alba just gorgeous here? As you can CLEARLY see, the use of the midi skirt creates a very cool, feminine look without showing off excessive skin.
2. comfort Midi skirts are so easy to wear! You can put on a comfortable flowy skirt with any old t-shirt or slouchy sweater. Tuck in the top to accentuate the waist and call it a day. I mean, am I right or am I right? These skirts are easy and breezy. And as an extra bonus, they will not show your hooha when bending over. Unless you are in some treacherous Marilyn Monroe moment where the winds are ruining your twirl.
3. dressy casual
I am a fan of dressing up, even when I spend the whole day lounging around at home. These skirts are so versatile, that it can literally take you from a casual lunch date to an evening night out. Go with a comfortable mid heel shoe that will take you throughout your day!
4. slims and elongates body The silhouette created with a midi skirt is just gorgeous. My favorite skirts hit above the waist accentuating the tiniest areas. As the skirt falls, it will elongate the legs, showing just a peek-a-bo of the calves and ankles.
5. I just simplee love them! For more ideas, browse through my past midi skirt looks here, here and here!